The International Longevity Centre UK has launched an international program of work, supported by the Innovation Resource Center for Human Resources, to identify the challenges and innovations that will be involved in responding to an ageing workforce. This will be addressed through an international innovations competition across four key areas:
- Maintaining good health
- Building knowledge, skills, and competence
- Addressing discrimination and supporting diversity
- Adapting the workplace
The ILC will be talking to policymakers, employers and HR experts around the world about adapting workplaces for an ageing workforce, before launching an international innovations competition in early 2021.
The Work For Tomorrow program will:
- Highlight the productivity challenges of an ageing workforce
- Highlight the need for innovations to support productivity improvements in the light of an ageing workforce and the COVID-19 pandemic
- Identify innovations that meet the challenges, and suggest policy solutions for HR professionals, innovators and governments.
The ILC has released a consultation paper that sets out the context for the international competition and highlights the challenges to be overcome with the help of innovation. It welcomes thoughts and feedback. The consultation paper can be downloaded from its website.