This program is aimed at mature-age job seekers (age 45+) to assist them to become more competitive when seeking work. It focuses on identifying the mature person’s transferable skills and their understanding of their local labour market, so they are better able to target available job opportunities.
Some of the practical assistance includes use of technology and applying for jobs online.
The program is available nationally to mature job seekers on referral.
National Customer Service Line
Phone: 1800 805 260 (free call from land lines)
Job Outlook is a government website (https://joboutlook.gov.au/) from the National Skills Commission which provides a broad range of information on jobs and careers, including future areas of job growth. The website offers:
- Skills Match: to identify skills from past jobs and how to transfer these to new jobs
- Career Quiz: to identify work preferences and career ideas
- Explore Careers: to identify “future outlook, pay, main tasks, and physical and other demands of careers”
- Explore Australia: to identify changes in job demands in local areas
- Explore Industries: to identify different industries and jobs within them
- Future Outlook: to identify “industries and jobs expected to grow”.